Look Within with Individual Therapy
Individual Therapy — Is It for You?
Well, just as a physical mirror is useful, most people will benefit from individual therapy to really see within and make needed changes.
But most people only seek therapy when there is a serious disconnect, when something in their life is just not adding up, or when they desperately want to be happy, but are somehow unable to find real joy in living.
In any case, there is a simple way to know whether individual therapy is right for you: ARE you completely happy with your life?
If the answer is no, then individual therapy is needed.
As an individual therapist, my clientele is very diverse. Some of the clients I help include:
- Teens and young adults burdened under crippling academic, professional, or societal pressure.
- Parents struggling with kids moving out or accepting other familial transitions.
- Couples with relationship troubles and struggling to keep their relationship afloat.
- Professionals seeking a better work-life balance or trying to manage anxiety, depression, substance abuse or other issues.
- Anyone trying to cope with identity issues, looking to reconnect with their true self, or deal with unresolved personal issues robbing them of joy.
What Can You Expect from Individual Therapy?
Therapy is just like that. My clients quickly learn that I am there for them and can be trusted to tell them the truth, to hold the mirror up to see what changes are needed. Yet, to make therapy work for you, we must be flexible because there may be many obstacles along the way.
I work together with my clients to develop a customized treatment plan based on their individual circumstances; but the plan also has built-in flexibility. This way, I help you clear obstacles and smooth the path ahead. The ultimate goal is always to resolve conscious and subconscious issues holding you back from leading a happy, healthy, and satisfying life. But the methods used to accomplish that goal differs from client to client.
By carefully considering you and your circumstances, I provide the right mirror for change. Regardless of the issues you face, if you are feeling stuck in any aspect of life, individual therapy can help you move forward.
Your First Step Towards a Happy and Fully Satisfying Life
Take a look at how individual therapy can help you. With Individual therapy, you can learn to:
- Cope with and reduce stress
- Deal with anxiety
- Alleviate food and eating issues
- Deal with insomnia and other sleep problems
- Manage anger
- Beat depression
- Get rid of addictions, stay clean, and enjoy life again
- Improve relationships, strengthening the bond with your partner
- Cope with difficult breakups
- Engage in effective communication to avoid interpersonal problems
- Gain self-esteem and boost your confidence
- Understand why you feel misunderstood, unloved, or frustrated
- Rediscover yourself and your own personal values
Wendi Lev’s Approach to Individual Therapy
Individual therapy sessions with me are engaging, warm, and unreserved. Say what you need to say. My goal is to create a safe space where you can open up about yourself, your actions, experiences, thoughts, emotions, and feelings. To me, you are a unique person with complex feelings and a complicated life, so I assume nothing.
It takes courage to reach out for help. Many fear the stigma often associated with psychotherapy. However, there is nothing to be afraid or ashamed of. Life is not a smooth ride and we all need help at some point. So, don’t let your fears keep you from living your life to the fullest. You deserve to be understood, loved, happy, and emotionally satisfied!
Then, when you look in the mirror, you will love what you see.
To get started, call me now at 312.899.1120.